Bluewater Vacation Rentals- Pet Policy
While many of our properties adhere to a strict "No Pets" policy, a select number of our homes welcome dogs and are advertised as “Pet Friendly.” This will be specifically noted on each property’s information page and will be detailed within your confirmation. Any guest found with a pet in a property that is not pet friendly will be required to vacate the premises without refund. This policy is strictly enforced as some property owners and guests have severe pet allergies and dander in a home listed as non-pet-friendly could cause serious health problems.
Pet Friendly Properties:
For your own comfort and for the comfort and safety of our homeowners and other guests, there are certain restrictions that must apply to Pet Friendly Properties:
Size, Age, Number of Pets
- Pet friendly properties accept dogs weighing under 40 pounds and at least two (2) years old, with a maximum of two (2) dogs per property. "Visiting” pets are not allowed.
- No Cats Allowed unless specifically requested and approved by the property owner.
Non-Refundable Pet Fee:
- A $50.00 non-refundable “Pet Fee” will apply to each reservation that includes a dog. (This fee does not cover damage to the property or grounds resulting from a dog, including but not limited to: chewing, scratching, digging and unreported housetraining accidents.)
All local laws and regulations must be followed, and may vary depending on the location of your property. Please, observe leash laws and do not bring your pet to parks and beaches that do not allow animals.
General Pet Rules:
Guests with dogs are asked to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason, we ask that you please follow these guidelines during your time with us:
- Clean up after your dog, both in public areas and in the yard of your rental property.
- Do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam onto neighboring properties. Many of our homes are located near residential neighborhoods, and we must respect the comfort and privacy of those residents. Complaints may lead to eviction without refund. This will be at the sole discretion of Bluewater.
- Do not allow dogs on furniture or beds. It is also helpful to bring something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your pet will be comfortable sleeping. Many pets are used to being allowed on furniture and beds at their own home, but this is not allowed in our rental properties. Please, bring any kennel or special bedding your pet may enjoy with this is mind. Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind. This may include professional steam cleaning; usually resulting in charges above $200.
- Groom your dog prior to their stay in the cottage, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next renter in your property may not have a pet. Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind.
- Don’t leave your dog unattended for long periods of time. A crate is ideal for those situations in which you must leave. You are responsible for any damages your pet causes.
- Do your best to clean and dry your dog after a walk; this will help to ensure that no additional cleaning fee is neccessary due to pet related messes (ie: paw prints and mud on carpet)
- Do not allow dogs in swimming pools or hot tubs or bathe your dog in the cottage's bathroom. Several local groomers offer pet bathing services and we would be happy to help you coordinate an appointment with one!
- Ensure that your dog’s medications and immunizations are up-to-date prior to your stay, especially flea treatment.
Feel free to contact our team by email at [email protected] or by phone at 269-906-9490 if you have any questions or concerns about our pet policy or what accommodations your pet may need in a particular property. We are intimately familiar with each property and are eager to help you and fur-baby get comfortable!
Alternatively, we are happy to recommend a kennel should you decide it is easier board your pet.